Home Link Free Stuff Link Blog Link Buy Music Link Music Videos Link Photos Link Band Bio Link Contact Link

Saturday, April 30, 2011

You live you learn



"I recommend sticking your foot in your mouth at any time," Alanis Morissette. Done and done.

There's so much value in mistakes, and I never regret a single one. I would not be the person I am today without the million BILLION mistakes I've made. The most important part is to recognize those mistakes and try to learn from them. So, I've made some mistakes the past week, and I'm not ashamed to admit that. Yes, I put my foot in my mouth... multiple times, and it tasted gross.

What did I learn?
Don't assume the worst in people. Everyone's human and will make mistakes, but everyone's human and has a soul. Technology has given us the ability to say things without seeing the other person receiving it, without seeing their humanity. Give people the benefit of the doubt, you'd want them to do the same for you.

Don't take the bait. Technology gives internet trolls the ability to be anonymous and post whatever hateful things come to their fingertips. Responding only gives them legitimacy, and as Tina Fey put it, makes you look as crazy as they are. Ignore them.

Sleep on it. Before reacting, let your emotions cool down so you can see the situation with a level head. This is SO important. Like, soooo important.

Anyway, as Celine Dion would say, "A new day!! haaaaas come!!! A new daaaaaaaaaay!!!!"

Have a great weekend :)

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment